finger grease stains

OS_CE Forums Octopus General finger grease stains

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    gseher
    Keymaster

Do the Vampire Octopus attract grease stains easily because of the black front panel?

gseher
    Keymaster

You should definitely only play it in a dust sealed lab wearing latex gloves and a hair net.

gseher
    Keymaster

Naturally. B)

The reason why I ask is because the Octopus doubles as a nice peace of furniture but I wouldn’t want to have to wipe the surface clean every day. Then I’ll get the new classic instead. I’d rather have the Vampire though, since it’s even more beautiful, sans grease stains. ;)

So, is the front panel attracting visual grease stains or not?

gseher
    Keymaster

you want to sit on your octopus?

gseher
    Keymaster

chaosmoon wrote:

Quote:
    you want to sit on your octopus?

Who doesn’t want to… 👿

gseher
    Keymaster

…i guess it is the same as on my Black Sea – and with my fingers touching it, i never had problems…

…a different story is the fingers of my children after they had ice-cream or chocolate (regularly!)…

…but even then a simple wipe with a dry cloth or a paper-towel with some glass-cleaner would do the trick…

…sorry, but as others pointed out already: this question cannot be meant and therefore not be answered seriously, can it?…i tried very hard to imagine you are really asking this question and meaning it…

gseher
    Keymaster

I am serious about it. I am bothered with stuff that doesn’t look clean and a black front panel raises a warning flag. I would be bothered if it looked like I coated it in butter as a result of every use. But since you don’t have that problem with your Black Sea then I am probably worried for nothing. Than you!

gseher
    Keymaster

One thing that was not mentioned is that the black sea panel is painted, whereas the vampire panel is anodized. Any vampire users tuned in?
    Gabriel

gseher
    Keymaster

When the black sea gets filthy (usually kids visit) I use a microfiber cloth and it’s clean in seconds.

gseher
    Keymaster

I’ve got the Vampire. I don’t care about fingerprints and oil from my hands so they are always there. I’m an oily guy, but not extremely so. But, yes; if the fingerprint thing would drive you nuts, the black shows them up very easily. It’s easy enough to wipe down though.

gseher
    Keymaster

No matter what, you can always clean your gear with orange citrus oil and a light touch with
    a damp cloth.

The worst thing you can do, according to the Roland System 100 manual is to eat
    salt encrusted food like peanuts around your gear.

rachel

gseher
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    The worst thing you can do, according to the Roland System 100 manual is to eat
    salt encrusted food like peanuts around your gear.

Wow, that is the worst thing those guys can think of!?

Riccardo
    Participant

peanuts go well with beer, Negroni and other drinks

matt avent
    Participant

My vampire doesn’t seem to attract too much grease really to be honest, but I’m over the fondling stage now – i generally only touch the silver bits. I generally wash my paws before using it too. Haven’t had to wipe it down yet and still looks utterly awesome.

Get one, and just be careful you don’t dribble too much…

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.