Update OS 1.60 from 1.42 >> PLEASE READ!!

OS_CE Forums Octopus Support Update OS 1.60 from 1.42 >> PLEASE READ!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    George Stobbelaar
    Participant

First thanks and congratulations for the new update. But I have troubles uploading it into my Octopus (v 1.42). When the upload is finished with MidiOx and the same options as my last uploads, the half of the matrix is lit and program led flashes orange. Don’t know whats wrong. I never had problems before. Please help

Post edited by: admin, at: 2008/10/10 12:23

Post edited by: admin, at: 2009/03/14 04:44

Post edited by: admin, at: 2009/03/14 04:55

gseher
    Keymaster

Hello everyone,

the bad news is that there appears to be indeed a problem with the update path 1.42->1.60. However, the good news is that I have just built a file which should take care of that. You can download it from the link below and use it instead of the already provided file.

http://genoqs.net/downloads/OCT_OS_v160_from_142.syx

Please use the above to update to OS 1.60 only from OS v1.42, as it may not work to update other OS versions. Sorry all for the inconvenience.

Gabriel

Post edited by: gseher, at: 2008/10/10 12:22

gseher
    Keymaster

AH – should have checked here sooner….this one worked just fine.

Gene Schwartz
    Participant

At the moment I hate SysEx more than everything else. I just can’t get it to work. Not with the normal SysEx file or the SysEx that goes from 1.42. What settings do I have to do in MIDI-Ox?

gseher
    Keymaster

Hello Carl,
    what exactly do you get as a result? Does your Octopus react to the SYSEX stream? Does the Matrix fill up to about half? Does your Program LED blink? Red or orange?
    One first thing to try is to reduce the speed of the MIDI Sysex stream. Other than that maybe a MIDIOx user can jump in – the settings for my SYSEX librarian on OSX are "Pause betwenn played message 120ms" with full transmission speed for the interface, which is an Elektron TM-1.
    Hope this is of some help.

Gene Schwartz
    Participant

I fixed it. I had to use the 1.42 version of the 1.6 update and use a delay of 160 ms in MIDI-Ox.

Gene Schwartz
    Participant

I fixed it. I had to use the 1.42 version of the 1.6 update and use a delay of 160 ms in MIDI-Ox.

gseher
    Keymaster

Perhaps this version of the OS should also be linked from the main OS Files page with a little note for 1.42 users? I must have tried to upload 1.60 five times using different sysex senders, midi devices and even a different computer before I checked these forums as I assumed it was a problem on my end first!

gseher
    Keymaster

You are absolutely right – and I just made an update to the OS download page.
    Sorry and apologies for the inconvenience, I should have thought of this earlier.
    Gabriel

gseher
    Keymaster

hello i cannot seem to access the 1.42 to 1.6 file. i get error page:

Forbidden

You don’t have permission to access /downloads/OCT_OS_v160_from_v142.syx on this server.
    Apache/2.2.3 (Debian) mod_python/3.2.10 Python/2.4.4 PHP/5.2.0-8+etch10 mod_ssl/2.2.3 OpenSSL/0.9.8c Server at http://www.genoqs.com Port 80

i can download the other 1.6 file with no problem, but i have 1.42 so i need other file please help?

thx

Josh

gseher
    Keymaster

File permission error (again) is fixed now! Please re-load.

gseher
    Keymaster

…ok! – the update (1.42->1.6) went just fine – thank you! – however: as there are no special instructions for the Black Sea, might it be possible to post a general and very short document which lists the differences in colour-coding between the Black Sea and the others, so I dont have to try-guess if (regarding the Program-LED)

red = blue (good!) or
    orange = blue (bad!)

…after browsing through the other Octopus’ manual and not finding the answer, I just took the risk…

…and succeeded B)

gseher
    Keymaster

Regarding BlackSea:
    Always translate like this:
    Red = Blue
    Green = Orange
    Orange = Purple

gseher
    Keymaster

LDT wrote:

Quote:
    Always translate like this:

…thank you – this was what I was looking for during the upgrade – now I’d like to ask genoQs to preserve this somewhere more accesible, perhaps in the FAQ-section?

gseher
    Keymaster

I was pretty sure my octopus was on v1.40, & checked before embarking on the upgrade just now. but when I loaded the 1.40>1.60 sys-ex, it stalled about halfway through.
    on a hunch, I tried the 1.42>1.60 version instead & it worked. what’s up with that? :-)

duncan

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.