Step event => track tempo multiplier

OS_CE Forums Octopus New features Step event => track tempo multiplier

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    gseher
    Keymaster

and I was thinking….
    wouldn’t it be cool to have step events for track tempo multipliers?
    So that tracks can run at variable speed by themselves?
    I haven’t thought about the details, but I’m sure I’d find a use for it…
    Maybe in conjunction with the effector… one track decides at what speed the other tracks will run.. uuhh nice…

Attila Sik
    Participant

me to !….i keep wishing the octopus had this so we can do some really quirky stuff ! superb ideas

So that tracks can run at variable speed by themselves?
    I haven’t thought about the details, but I’m sure I’d find a use for it…
    Maybe in conjunction with the effector… one track decides at what speed the other tracks will run.. uuhh nice…[/quote]

gseher
    Keymaster

Sounds like great fun! I´m in.

Attila Sik
    Participant

is this ever likely- i really crave for this sometimes…i end uop just doing different multiples on chainse tracks . . . but yes – how crazy can we get > :)

George Stobbelaar
    Participant

great idea!! … why not going a bit wilder with a step event on bpm?? 👿
    I have no idea if this is possible

Attila Sik
    Participant

nice idea////

i think the problem is that this takes equencing into realms not everyone wants to enter – some people love autechra for instance and beats you cannot dance to and some regard this as nonsense , i persoanlly think the future of sequencing will evolve more into humanisation and non repetative cyclic music – its only 4/4 and square so much as much music technology forces or encourages people to work in a square fashion – much like building houses – its harder to build a round house than 4 walls….i’m drifting but tempo multipliers and tempo controlled by step atrributes would really push the boat out , so much can be done already however using track multiples…its very easy to make ‘ unsquare ‘ sequences in the octopus if your into the organic witha little swing and oddness – everytime i turn this machine on it blows me away but i can see a real pleasure in controlling multipliers with step attributes and tempo ! …..a demented kind of pleasure mind you…..!.

Quote:
    great idea!! … why not going a bit wilder with a step event on bpm?? 👿
    I have no idea if this is possible
    gseher
    Keymaster

You could maybe look for a second hand Sequentix P3 to run alongside your genoQs gear. The P3’s aux events cover tempo/timebase changes (as well as a host of other stuff) and you can automate them, use accumulators to progressively change or morph them etc. etc.
    I imagine lots of us have more than one synth so owning more than one sequencer can also be a good thing. :)

Attila Sik
    Participant

yeah the p3s funky !… i only wish i had enough space for more gear , i very nearly bought one a a few years back – last one colin was doing but i then got onto the octopus ….. i do agree – multiple sequencers is cool and like multiple external synths leads to a different set of results – i will admit my sequencer desires have been severly quenched since i got the octopus though.I think the p3 was ahead of its time and remains a bit of a classic . . .maybe a p4 oneday ?

matt

Quote:
    You could maybe look for a second hand Sequentix P3 to run alongside your genoQs gear. The P3’s aux events cover tempo/timebase changes (as well as a host of other stuff) and you can automate them, use accumulators to progressively change or morph them etc. etc.
    I imagine lots of us have more than one synth so owning more than one sequencer can also be a good thing. :)
    matt hillier
    Participant

this has to be no1 for me

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.