Update OS 1.60 from 1.42 >> PLEASE READ!!

OS_CE Forums Octopus Support Update OS 1.60 from 1.42 >> PLEASE READ!!

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    gseher
    Keymaster

Hello Duncan,
    glad to have you back! :-)
    Checked the details of the 1.40 file and it seems there is indeed a compatibility condition with the 1.42->160 update file. I guess there are still more 1.40 machines out there than I expected.
    Cheers, Gabriel

gseher
    Keymaster

Yeah..it was freezing halfway for me as well until I used the 1.42 to 1.60. So many great things in here. Loving the feel on these changes with the step mutes.

gseher
    Keymaster

Howdy.

Just an FYI, I too encountered a similar error where as the SYSEX file finished transferring my LEDs were still lit and the Program was blinking purple/white (I have a black sea) and then just sitting there frozen. I attempted the update probably 10-12 times with different transfer settings, Sysex programs, etc. until I read through this thread.

I confirmed many times my OS level was 1.40. I took by the recommendation of those on this thread and used the special 1.42–>1.60 file and that upgraded just fine. I’m now back in business!

What the heck? Why wouldn’t my OS say 1.42 if that was the OS that I was on? Why did this file work when it EXPLICITLY said to do it from only 1.42? Note that this was the first OS upgrade I have had issues with, and I started with my Legacy at 0.92 I think; so I’ve done a lot of OS upgrades over the last couple of years, all perfect until now!

Wanted to share my experience with everyone else in case others had the same issue.

–davealex

Post edited by: davealex, at: 2008/12/02 01:02

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.