sysex os loading errors

OS_CE Forums Octopus Support sysex os loading errors

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Attila Sik
    Participant

Hi gabriel / guys

ive spent a while trying to get the updated 1.60 into my machine.I updated from 1.42 to 1.60 fine the other day using s.e.x sysex loading software but have been trying to update the bug fix for 1.60 to no avail.I am on pc and tried midi ox also on various settings , from normal speed to very very slow and what happens is i simply cant get the program light to flash green , only orange.The os loads and progress is fine all the way along until the end , then once progress lights fill the whole grid they disappear but instead of a green light i get orange flashing and no ability to save the new os.Ive tried fast / normal and slow speeds , delays from 160ms to 500ms – Do i need to go back to 1.42 to use this new bug fixed version ?I’m kind of like a dog chasing its tale here right now and used up all my tweaks.Ive tried different midi ports also , downloaded 2 versions of the sysex file from online and blocked all other midi streams into the midi system i have here and no flashing green light at the end.

best wishes

matt

Post edited by: admin, at: 2009/03/14 04:28

Post edited by: admin, at: 2009/03/14 04:46

gseher
    Keymaster

Hello!
    I guess this discussion belongs to the topic "Step atrributes – some confusion" in the User Exchange area..right?… Or are you talking about another "bug fix" for 1.60? I’m a bit confused…am I? :unsure:

Hope you will have this solved!

Good luck!
    Bo

Attila Sik
    Participant

no i am talking about sysex loading of the latest bug fixed o/s into the Octopus via midi .

matt

gseher
    Keymaster

Hi Matt,
    are you connecting directly between computer and Octopus? I have triple-checked the sysex files, and replayed the update step here without any problems..
    Do you have a chance to maybe try another MIDI interface?
    Cheers, Gabriel

Attila Sik
    Participant

Hi gabriel , i am away a few days but will try when i get home direct to the pc from a different midex unit.Its weird but worked for original 1.60 but since then hasnt , i wondered if i might be better to go back to 1.42 first and then upto the new 1.60.I’ll checkin when i get home and try it friday.

best wishes

matt

gseher
    Keymaster

Hi Matt, thanks for the notice. I definitely think you should stay on 1.60 as going back to 1.42 is more involved, i.e. you’d have to do it via USB. Let us know how it goes. Cheers, Gabriel

Attila Sik
    Participant

still no joy here with the update from 1.60 to the newer version.I tried 3 midi interfaces now , various cables, 2 different pc sysex loaders ( one which worked on 1.60 the first time round )and ive taken all other midi signals , cables out of the path so there are no loopbacks etc.Just to clarify i press esc and turn on the machine….which prepares it for the new os.I see 1.60 on the tempo leds and the red lighst in the circle are all lit

iu also however have 3 lights on the grid lit ?i then send the os and it loads fine…..right until the end….the last step seems to go quicker than the rest ( is this normal ?) and then its done – accept no flashing red light . . . just orange still.Ive used up all my options here – i cant see why a system i used for 1.60 wont work with the ammended debugged 1.60 a few days later and ive tried everything.Hope you guys can help.

best wishes

matt

Attila Sik
    Participant

ps . i am ususing s.e.x sysex software and also Midi ox. . . ive tried various delay settings also and transmission speed at lowest settings but to be honest its all a dark art adjusting packet sizes and midi ox is very deep.Has anyone here a recommended setting or serious of settings for midi ox.I do sysex loads and saves on many synths but this one has me beaten right now.

Gene Schwartz
    Participant

I also had problems with this. I would recommend MIDI Ox and experiment with lower delay settings. For Gabriel it worked with a delay of 120 ms – I had to go down to 160 ms for it to work. Maybe you need to go even lower.

Hope it helps/Carl

Attila Sik
    Participant

ok – i just did a quick re-edit of my last message.It was the sysex file ?

i was trying to use the new 1.60 file designed for update from 1.42 onwards. . . . it was the problem.I tried the file designed to update from version before 1.42 and it update older 1.60 to the new version.Are you confused ?:) i am……anyway its all working.

I presumed that a file designed for update from 1.42 to 1.60 would be fine to use to update from the old 160 to the bug fix version ? doesmt seem to work , the file designed to update to 1.60 from versions previous to 1.42 seems to be the file needed to update from old 1.60version to 1.60 bug fixed version.

Are you confused ? yes its been one of those weeks.Highly relieved to have sussed this but confused as to why the new 1.60 bug fix wont update the old 1.60 os but the version designed for previous ( before 1.42 versions )will.

to many words ! …….its fixed :)The moral of the story is try all the files until one works. Time to have some fun…..

Post edited by: mattishq, at: 2008/11/07 15:07

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.