step event problems

OS_CE Forums Octopus Support step event problems

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    George Stobbelaar
    Participant

Hi and Happy New Year,
    I am experimenting with step events. When I create a step event for position it switches sometimes automatically to velocity (sometimes after first run sometimes after a few cycles). Probably I am missing something but WHAT?
    Please help

PS
    It’s a bit confusing that there is a genoqs.com where I am a registered user; but on genoqs.net which seems the same site I am not registered??

Post edited by: admin, at: 2009/03/14 04:37

Post edited by: admin, at: 2009/03/14 04:44

George Stobbelaar
    Participant

I stil don’t understand why this happens. Can someone please help me!!??

lebenspuls wrote:

Quote:
    Hi and Happy New Year,
    I am experimenting with step events. When I create a step event for position it switches sometimes automatically to velocity (sometimes after first run sometimes after a few cycles). Probably I am missing something but WHAT?
    Please help

Post edited by: lebenspuls, at: 2009/01/14 16:13

Jordi
    Participant

It’s never happened to me, so I don’t know where to begin.

gseher
    Keymaster

I have been puzzled about it too, but now I think I have an idea.. maybe.
    When you zoom into a step to set the event, technically speaking you are looking at a step "position" filled with some step data, which corresponds to the step of course.
    When the position event is active and the sequencer is running, the step data gets updated to the data of the step that moves into the position you are looking at. So that may be the cause of the trouble. In earlier OS versions the view would not follow the data but stick to the physical position.
    That makes it seem like the step data is changing by itself, but what you are actually seeing is the step data set being swapped altogether.
    What OS version are you on? With that info I can track for sure if this is the cause of the problem or not.
    Cheers,

Gabriel

George Stobbelaar
    Participant

Hi,
    thanks for the answer. OS is 1.6
    Best wishes

Pieter

George Stobbelaar
    Participant

I really would like to know wether it is a bug and I have to wait for an update, or if I should install the OS new…
    I would like to use step events on position!!!
    :(

gseher wrote:

Quote:
    That makes it seem like the step data is changing by itself, but what you are actually seeing is the step data set being swapped altogether.
    What OS version are you on? With that info I can track for sure if this is the cause of the problem or not.
    Cheers,

Gabriel

Post edited by: lebenspuls, at: 2009/01/27 06:39

Post edited by: lebenspuls, at: 2009/01/27 06:57

George Stobbelaar
    Participant

Today I had time to reinstall OS 1.6 again. Now it works as it should :

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.