roll

OS_CE Forums Nemo User exchange roll

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    ant
    Participant

hi everybody,

I have a question about the nemo (and octopus seq).

Does the nemo have a roll fonction, (note repeat on a MPC)

Thks,

Philip Clinckspoor
    Participant

I’m not sure if you mean whether it can create a fast series of triggers on a single step? I think yes, there are 48 pre-programmed groove presets. You can select any step (equalling a 16th note duration) and choose one of the groove presets. The groove presets are similar to a midi delay function found in DAW’s like Cubase, and each preset is different. The cool thing about it is that you can incrementally reduce or accelerate the speed of the additionally generated triggers. So suppose a certain groove preset gives you 3 extra triggers with an 8th-note spacing, you can change the 8th-note value to 16th notes, 32nd notes, also dotted note values etc. I think this way it is possible to create a "speed roll" effect.

I’ve been wondering whether we can program our own groove presets, does anyone know?

Philip Clinckspoor
    Participant

I’m not sure if you mean whether it can create a fast series of triggers on a single step? I think yes, there are 48 pre-programmed groove presets. You can select any step (equalling a 16th note duration) and choose one of the groove presets. The groove presets are similar to a midi delay function found in DAW’s like Cubase, and each preset is different. The cool thing about it is that you can incrementally reduce or accelerate the speed of the additionally generated triggers. So suppose a certain groove preset gives you 3 extra triggers with an 8th-note spacing, you can change the 8th-note value to 16th notes, 32nd notes, also dotted note values etc. I think this way it is possible to create a "speed roll" effect.

I’ve been wondering whether we can program our own groove presets, does anyone know?

Carlos Dalla-Fiore
    Participant

not that i know of.

duncan
    Participant

I thought you could- isn’t it just a variation of the strum-edit?

d.

Carlos Dalla-Fiore
    Participant

..do tell!

somethin like setup a page with the steps/strums and hit them in orange edit mode?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.