Reliability of the newest OS version?

OS_CE Forums Octopus Support Reliability of the newest OS version?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    gseher
    Keymaster

How are you guys doing with the newest version? Any crashes?
    I am asking because I had to go to an older version some months ago, because I was crashing the new version every day. But I havent heard any complaints, so I thought maybe I should give it a go again.
    As an unforgettable white haired nazi dentist put it: "Iz it zafe?"

Post edited by: admin, at: 2008/09/17 10:18

Post edited by: admin, at: 2009/03/14 04:51

Adam Wilson
    Participant

Okay, Herr Engel, now I’m curious.
    What OS version are you referring to, and how did you crash it so often? Any spicy details?

gseher
    Keymaster

It was OS 14308 that I kept crashing. So I went back to 14111 and I have only crashed that once.

As far as I remember the crashes were very "all over the place", hard to say anything meaningful about them.

Adam Wilson
    Participant

Okay, 14308 is the beta OS indeed.

When you installed the beta, did you CLR the memory and save it? The song data stored in flash by 14111 is not compatible with the beta OS. Not clearing the data could cause those problems.

gseher
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    When you installed the beta, did you CLR the memory and save it?

YesB)

gseher
    Keymaster

Oh well, I am installing 14308 again. At least that will make me a better instrument in the development.

gseher
    Keymaster

Two days of octopussing (14308), and no crash. Phew, it must have been a faulty installation or something then. Really happy to have the newer features back.:laugh:

Adam Wilson
    Participant

Good to hear the beta OS proves to be reliable after all. I never had a problem with it. Of course, that was before I began to tweak it. ;)

I wonder now what went wrong during your first attempt…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.