New User Help

OS_CE Forums Octopus User exchange New User Help

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    gseher
    Keymaster

Hi, just got my octopus a few days ago, and have been through the manual only once. I must say this machine is amazing! I am now trying to get it integrated into my workplace and am having a slight problem. For now, I will be using just macbook pro, ableton live 7 and virus ti desktop. Also, my output from the octopus is from midi cable into a m-audio midisport, that is connected via usb to my macbook pro. The virus is also connected to the macbook. My problem is that i can only get one voice to come out of the synth, i can get midi data to transmit on multiple channels but the voice stays the same. I have tried switching the midi track on say row 2 on the octopus then changing the voice using the program button on the top right of the octopus. In this case, it switches the voice for every midi track that is playing. Also, i have tried switching the voices within the virus plugin but to no avail. Please, any info would be greatly appreciated. Hmm to clarify, i want to get more than one voice from the virus being output from control input i create with the octopus. Either switch the midi channel for a specific track or for a page. Thanks again!

Post edited by: rememberthis, at: 2008/11/03 08:24

gseher
    Keymaster

Hi, since I am using a Virus TI myself, here is what you may(!) want to try in a very first step. Connect Octopus directly to the TI via MIDI and put the TI in sequencer mode (each part listens to that one channel). This is a good setup to get acquainted with the machine and get a feel for how the MIDI channeling and program changes work – and in many cases quite sufficient for a nice performance and a good source for quick gratification :-) In the next step you’ll have to look at the way Live is treating the MIDI stream coming from Octopus. You’ll have to make sure that you route the signal to the right place, i.e. wherever and however your TI plugin is listening. Otherwise you’ll have to let us know more about the way you have set up your Live set.
    Cheers,
    Gabriel

gseher
    Keymaster

Thanks for the help, problem solved! Now I can finally start using this thing!

Post edited by: rememberthis, at: 2008/11/03 23:02

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.