Fellow Octopus navigators!

OS_CE Forums Octopus General Fellow Octopus navigators!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hi all! Fanatic lurker, first-time poster here. The heart topic icon is how I feel about my genoQs wunderboxen!

I’m wanting to brainstorm live ambient performance strategies with Octopus. I’m simply not a poster in web-based forums if I can help it. I’d much rather email my "what-if" thoughts and questions privately with another person who’s interested in developing the smoothest possible live-composing flow.

If any splendid tips and tricks emerge from our conversations, then we can post back here looking like we know what we’re doing. :-)

Just for interest’s sake: I don’t want a laptop in my setup, and plan to remain a contrarian as regards the trend, so at the moment I’m looking for the perfect small controller that has a traditional MIDI connector and build quality in the same league as Octopus–not an easy problem! Likewise I’d like to find a good way to store and carry sysex backups.

To muddle through thought processes to do with any of this, please don’t hesitate to email me at

cikira [at] cikira [dot] com

Thanks!

Dieter Herten
    Participant

Hi, I do ambient and electro music since a long time with the Octopus.
    We do regular ambient sessions (www.ambientcircle.de) in Germany NRW.

The key of using the Octopus in the context of ambient is to work less with the 1/16 note sequences and more with long notes and cords plus midi controllers.

Also the use of the more deeper Octopus functions (effector,hyper steps,…)
    is fruitful.

Riccardo
    Participant

BTW I love the idea of the ambient circle and would like to start one in Rome Italy, may get back in touch for tips on on improvisation structures etc…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.