Where is 1.02?

OS_CE Forums Octopus General Where is 1.02?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    gseher
    Keymaster

Was it really there all along? I could swear I looked everwhere…but yeah! Got it now. Have some errands to do (damn) and so won’t get to try for a few hours. This has 2 features that I really have wanted – the multitrack recording (how will it work with the continuum – we’ll see), and the midi thru on record. Can’t wait.

gseher
    Keymaster

Was it really there all along? I could swear I looked everwhere…but yeah! Got it now. Have some errands to do (damn) and so won’t get to try for a few hours. This has 2 features that I really have wanted – the multitrack recording (how will it work with the continuum – we’ll see), and the midi thru on record. Can’t wait.

gseher
    Keymaster

I can’t find it either… :-(

gseher
    Keymaster

Yes, it is all here. go to service->OS software, or ->documentation, accordingly. The OS software is now also linked in from the front page. Thanks for pointing this out.

Post edited by: super, at: 2007/06/30 23:17

Daniel
    Participant

Update to OS 1.02

Hi I just did the update to OS 1.02 but for the progress have been come to row 14, line 3 (last green LED which lits), nothing happens anymore.:dry:

You know why?

gseher
    Keymaster

I was just about to write & ask if going from v1 to v1.02 needed for the bootloader to be changed again.

I’ll find out the hard way in a few minutes & let you know… :-)

if you’ve gone straight from 0.9x to 1.02, you’ll need to start over- the instructions are all in the manual (the release notes should also point this out, though!), so you need to run a couple of other routines to repack the memory for the new o/s.
    sorry if this is old news & doesn’t help…

d.

gseher
    Keymaster

Just to quickly recap’ the update procedure:

1. in system mode (power-on or reset with ESC pressed) you first send the OS installer file to the machine, and flash it (red program)
    2. after rebooting into the OS updater you are ready to send it the OS file, which you then flash (red program button again).
    3. start without loading the flash memory (CLR pressed) and save the clear state to flash.

Which part of the procedure (1 or 2 obviously) causes problems?

gseher
    Keymaster

duncandisorderly wrote:

Quote:
    I was just about to write & ask if going from v1 to v1.02 needed for the bootloader to be changed again.

I’ll find out the hard way in a few minutes & let you know… :-)

if you’ve gone straight from 0.9x to 1.02, you’ll need to start over- the instructions are all in the manual (the release notes should also point this out, though!), so you need to run a couple of other routines to repack the memory for the new o/s.
    sorry if this is old news & doesn’t help…

d.

Going from 1.00 to 1.02 you will not need to change the bootloader.
    But (as stated above), make sure to use the OS updater.

gseher
    Keymaster

Just confirming that the update went well here. os x using sysex librarian, with 100 ms pause between messages.

gseher
    Keymaster

How to Know the OS’value ?

On the manuel, i found how to see if my O.S is 1.XX or more.
    But How to know the exact O.S value ? (1.02)
    Thanks

Administrator
    Participant

Simply read out the number.
    OS v1.02 will show 102: Red 100, green 2 :-)

gseher
    Keymaster

but i don’t see number
    Only Tempo button blink orange!!:S
    after push GRID x2 + ESC

Post edited by: multisca, at: 2007/07/03 13:51

Post edited by: multisca, at: 2007/07/03 13:51

Administrator
    Participant

This means that you have 1.0x.
    Reboot the machine holding ESC pressed and you will enter the system mode. There you will see the number readout, which should be 100 (red 100).

gseher
    Keymaster

"This means that you have 1.0x.
    Reboot the machine holding ESC pressed and you will enter the system mode. There you will see the number readout, which should be 100 (red 100)."

When i reboot in system mode i have the number 102 on the circle readout (red for 100 and green on 2)…. :blink:

Why ?

Post edited by: multisca, at: 2007/07/04 12:49

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.