Using your nose!

OS_CE Forums Octopus User exchange Using your nose!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    gseher
    Keymaster

Yes, literally!!

Here is the thing: I wanted to use a chain of 8 tracks, but I did not want the preset way, since this leaves the last two tracks at the bottom. If you want to use one of these as a feeder feeding the long chain, you have to have it ABOVE the chain. No problemo, you just hold down the upper eight track selectors and push the X button, right? Hmm, hold down four buttons with this hand…..hold down four buttons with the other hand…….ok…then press X button ……. oooooops:laugh:
    So *tada* enter the NOSE! Not an easy task, but doable.

Perhaps the future could bring on a workaround for nose challenged people.

Seriously: I have many times lusted for a "vertical shift" function. Similar to using POS on a track, but rotating the tracks on the vertical level. This would solve the above problem:
    I would use the preset eight track chain, and then shift the tracks verticly two steps down, which would make the two non-chained tracks move to the top.

(To clarify:
    1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10 rotated one step becomes
    10-1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9.)

gseher
    Keymaster

..and that’s just from coffee?? :whistle:
    Anyway, how to select 8 tracks to chain them:
    Hold the SEL button pressed with one finger on the hand of your choice and the use the nose to click individually all the tracks you want to add to the selection.
    Once the selection is active as you want it, you click the chain button.
    :kiss:

gseher
    Keymaster

Hahaha! I did have a vague feeling that I was missing something. I use the select button all the time for doing stuff to multiple tracks, but I just never related that to chaining tracks. Duh! But of course I will keep on using my nose just for the show.

Anyway I still think that "vertical track rotation" would be fun.

-And yes, that was only from coffeeB)

Post edited by: LDT, at: 2008/10/23 23:46

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.