Track Direction

OS_CE Forums Nemo User exchange Track Direction

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Philip Clinckspoor
    Participant

When choosing ping-pong mode, it doesn’t seem to work as I expect. The track is played from left to right, then right to left, so far so good.

But when it bounces back from the left, the very first step seems to get a double trigger. The note sounds twice and the speed of this double trigger
    sounds incorrect when compared to the rest of the steps’ speed. The double trigger doesn’t happen at the normal 16th note speed but faster it seems.

What I expect to hear is step 15 – 16 – 15 – 14 – …. (on the outer right side of the track there doesn’t seem to be a problem) but when it comes to the left I’d also expect to hear steps 3-2-1-2-3-4-…. instead of 3-2-1-1-2-3-4 . Does anyone else hear this? FYI I’m currently using OS 1.60

Adam
    Participant

Well, the idea is, you would want the double notes at the end so that it stays in sync with other tracks of the same length. i.e. a 16 step track in pingpong stays locked to a 16 step track playing forwards. If it worked your way, it would effectively be playing 16 steps over 15 (assuming you have it playing with forward-running 16 step tracks), which definitely could by nice, but is a little harder to intuitively deal with.

As to the timing of the doubled note being off, that sounds like a problem, but my Nemo is in transit so I can’t confirm that this is the case on mine yet.

Philip Clinckspoor
    Participant

Thanks for your reply Adam. You make a good point, it wouldn’t stay sync but it might generate interesting polyrhythms :) Also, this could be balanced out by adding an extra step to the loop to make the loop fit one or more 4/4 bars.

In this case I don’t really need the double trigger. I think I’ll post this in the requests forum because I see some potential for this way of ping pong play.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.