Track CLR problem

OS_CE Forums Octopus Support Track CLR problem

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Lars D. Terkelsen
    Participant

As it is now, track CLR also clears the track note offset. Some of the earlier versions did not do that, and that was the right way.

The main issue here (for me) is when you have a drummachine setup where each track has one drum (super-808-style :-) ). Now if you clear a track (or all of them) suddenly your note setup in gone. A no-no for live play.

Post edited by: admin, at: 2009/06/24 08:29

Gabriel Seher
    Participant

By note offset are you referring to the track PIT offset here, Lars?

Lars D. Terkelsen
    Participant

Yes, that what I meant.

hartley
    Participant

LDT, are you using the Octopus to play a midi-ed TR808 with one track for each drum sound? Because that’s also exactly what I’m doing! The Octopus is almost perfect for this as the 808 has eleven drum sounds, I use the same track for CY and OH and a separate track for everything else.

A good trick is to select all tracks and hit RND, for some crazy random drum patterns, and then edit them down to a less crazy version.

Lars D. Terkelsen
    Participant

Hartley, indeed that is what I am doing! I rarely use the cymbal, so that doesn´t have a track.
    My favorite octo feature for drum programming is the step phrases: I program phrases so I have (if 16ths are the step lenght) 32th, 32th triplets, 64th, 64th triplets and all in different velocites: static, crescendo and diminuendo. The velocity variations don´t work for the 808 though, but I use them for everything else. In particular the Vermona DRM1 mk3 which is my other drum engine.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.