snapshot trouble!

OS_CE Forums Nemo General snapshot trouble!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    gseher
    Keymaster

when i try to make a snapshot of current state, track etc right?
    i push snapshot once so it led blinks orange, turn of/on nemo, tracks are gone, i push snapshot once and then once again so it turns green, turn off/on nemo, tracks are gone..
    any help would be nice..
    peter

gseher
    Keymaster

Hi Peter, the snapshot function is not intended to keep the state across sessions (i.e. with reboots in between). It is used to recall states within the same session. Let’s say you have a state you want to return to – you make a snapshot, then change your content and experiment, and then recall the snapshot to go back to the starting point. I like to use this live to build crazy variatios of the same theme which I can then recall instantly. Hope this helps. Cheers, Gabriel

gseher
    Keymaster

aha.. i just found the grid/program combo, thats what i wanted to do.
    wow, this thing is really amazing! i`ve started to explore step attributes, grooves and pos, wow!
    and the workflow is just butiful..
    peace
    peter

gseher
    Keymaster

I tend to work on patterns/songs/sessions for months at a time, so I basically am afraid to ever turn the Nemo off. Is there any harm and/or possibility of lights burning out by keeping the Nemo on 24/7?

gseher
    Keymaster

Let me start by saying…RTM…. ;)

If you go to page 98 it states the following, so there is no need to keep the Nemo turned on 24/7 :

Saving data to flash memory

Nemo can save its full state for later recall – all settings are stored to FLASH memory and automatically recalled upon power-on.

Note that only one state may be saved to FLASH, replacing any previously saved machine state.
    Also note that in order to perform this
    operation the sequencer has to be stopped.

W A R N I N G:
    Please make sure that Nemo is not turned off or reset during the save operation!

Saving the machine state
    To perform a save of the machine state go to Grid mode and press and hold the GRID button.
    While you hold down the GRID key, the Program LED will start to flash red.
    Pressing the Program key will start the save operation.
    Expect the save operation to take about 5-10 seconds.

gseher
    Keymaster

sysex?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.