program change prob

OS_CE Forums Nemo User exchange program change prob

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Adam Wilson
    Participant

I am preparing for a live set with the Nemo, a couple of synths and ableton.

I am using the Program Change messages to switch presets on one synth. The problem is – each time it goes round the sequence it re-sends the message and resets the sound. So if I am tweaking the sound it only lasts until the next time round.

Is there a way to stop it sending the message if it has already been sent? Ideally it should only send the message when switching the page…
    Hope this is possible!!

Thank you!

Adam Wilson
    Participant

OK – worked out when its happening… when I have more than one connected row in a page, it sends the message each time round if one of the tracks has a program change message.

If I just have a 16 step loop the its fine, only sends the message the page is switched.

This has been bugging me tonight!! If anyone knows of a workaround… ?
    I guess I could chain pages together but that takes up space on the grid.

Adam
    Participant

I don’t believe there’s a workaround because it’s a glitch. I’ve run into too and it was making me CRAZY.

Adam Wilson
    Participant

yeh its pretty maddening isnt it… there are workarounds, I mean I can use say velocity to bring the filter level up and down, but it means I cant really go in and tweak the sound completely…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.