Playtime for Hypersteps

OS_CE Forums Nemo User exchange Playtime for Hypersteps

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    John Audette
    Participant

Could someone please explain this concept for me? I am assuming that LEN within the world of Hypersteps is something different than note length. What is each increment equal to? I would really love a better, more in depth write up about Hypersteps in the manual. Pretty please? :kiss:

Gabriel Seher
    Participant

The hyperstep is a step that provides its "container" to a track to be played. Confused? Let’s consider a simple note.. assigned to a step – calling it a "note step".
    In the basic case the note step will have a pitch, a velocity and a length. With that data the note step will play a note on a sound source.
    Now we make our note step to a hyperstep, hence assiciating it with a track.
    What happens now is the following: when the hyperstep is played, not the note is played, but the associated track is played, using the step parameters: The step velocity and pitch become the track’s velocity and pitch respectively and the step length determines the time that the track will take to play full. I.e. if the step is 96/192 long, that translates to the track playing twice as fast as normal speed.
    Of course, interesting things happen when the numbers are not so "round".
    I hope this helps somewhat.
    Cheers,
    Gabriel

Dan Godlovitch
    Participant

So a hyperstep turns a track into an arpeggio template (with variable speed control) essentially?

If that’s the case, are multiple hypersteps for a single track a planned feature, so you could (as a basic technique) do something like

Track 1: Base pitch C
    Pitch offset: 0 2 4 5 7 9 11 12 12 11 9 7 5 4 2 0
    Track 2: Base pitch C – hyperstep triggers of track 1 on steps 1 5 9 13 with pitch offsets 0, 5, 7, 5

So that you’d get it going up + down the notes of the C major scale starting on C, F, G, and F respectively?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.