Playing more than 16 consecutive pages?

OS_CE Forums Nemo General Playing more than 16 consecutive pages?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    gseher
    Keymaster

I’m still learning my way around this amazing machine, but I’m stuck on this one particular topic. I have created 16 pages of 16 steps each. In Grid View these appear on row 1. I now want to make another page (17). When I create this page, I can’t get page 16 to flow into page 17. Page 16 just cycles back to page 1. I can get page 17 to play simultaneously while the first 16 pages are playing, but I can’t get it to play consecutively after page 16. On p. 55 of the manual, there is a sentence stating, "In total you may set up to 16 pages for consecutive play (maximum size of a cluster)." Surely, there is something I am missing here in terms of methdodology allowing me to achieve my ultimate goal here of creating a 64 page "song?" Perhaps I am not understanding "clusters" clearly, but I would appreciate if someone could point out where my thinking is getting derailed here.

Thanks!

gseher
    Keymaster

The manual is correct in that you currently cannot make page 17 play after page 16. And therefore you will currently not be able to chain all 64 pages into a single structure. But – there may be some things you can do still.

Depending on the content of your pages you may think about the following:
    – use chains inside pages.
    – use retriggers (page STA) on pages in your cluster of 16 – on pages that repeat themselves that is.
    – use lower tracks speeds possibly combined with higher page LEN values on pages that allow it.

If and what you choose to do from the above (if applicable to your material) may also require re-grouping the elements in your song. Let us know how it goes.
    Cheers, Gabriel

gseher
    Keymaster

gseher wrote:

Quote:
    The manual is correct in that you currently cannot make page 17 play after page 16. And therefore you will currently not be able to chain all 64 pages into a single structure. But – there may be some things you can do still.

Thanks for the quick response on this. Great customer support!

When you say that this is a "current" limitation, is there perhaps a future plan to allow for a 64 page structure?

gseher
    Keymaster

There is a discussion going on as to how the clustering of pages may be enhanced in a future version. Allowing what you propose is a valid aspect, and as such it is of course a consideration to be made. But please do not understand this as a commitment to this particular feature – it is simply too early to tell.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.