Pitch assignments

OS_CE Forums Octopus General Pitch assignments

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    gseher
    Keymaster

Default page pitch assignments

Is there a listing (RTFM! I know…) of the default pitch assignments for a page. Is there a logic applied to the pitches when a scale is forced to the page? Like always round up in pitch to the nearest scale note?

gseher
    Keymaster

choice_of_meat wrote:

Quote:
    Default page pitch assignments

Is there a listing (RTFM! I know…) of the default pitch assignments for a page.

…first: i do not know… B)

…second: i doubt it, as you can sav the state of the machine to have it boot up with the current state, so every machine can be different…

…third: to fuel my crussade (not!)regarding workshops, videos and the wording of the manual – don’t you find the answer, or didn’t you bother to look?

…fourth: this time i am wrong – page 11 states clearly – so indeed: RTFM ;)

Quote:
    a particular pitch assignment for tracks 0-9 as follows: C3,
    D3, E3, G3, A3, C5, D5, E5, G5, and A5.

…best wishes…

gseher
    Keymaster

Thanks!!!

I guess I am wondering if there is any merit to having a default pitch assignment that is somehow more musically usefull, so that musically useful things like forcing page scales etc… are carried out logically and with musical sense…

Like with firsts thirds etc… of scales… then the relationship between notes on the page(grid etc..) could maybe be retained even when switching scales…

I like not having containers to be in… but maybe on the vertical plane within a page there is a good note layout that makes sense so that people can enter chords, or traverse up a scale etc…

Someone more well versed in music theory would have to take over from here… I’m just brainstorming out of naievete.

And this is also related to my note input from scale circle idea in the other forum area…

gseher
    Keymaster

The only thing you need to do in order to get the layout you need is just build it into a page, which you keep empty but use as a template that you pull in via copy/paste. If you come up with something cool, let us all know – and maybe the preset of the next OS will be different :-)
    Cheers,
    Gabriel

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.