Page tempo multiplier?

OS_CE Forums Octopus User exchange Page tempo multiplier?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Barry J. Anderson
    Participant

Maybe I missed it, but is there a way to apply a tempo multiplier to a whole page instead of just the tracks? If not, is there a way to change the tempo multiplier for multiple tracks at once? Thanks!

Lars D. Terkelsen
    Participant

This would indeed be very nice to have.

Barry J. Anderson
    Participant

So, I guess this is something that is not currently implemented? Well, I hope it will work its way into a future update.

matt hillier
    Participant

in general i think track tempo multipliers on all levels need to be modulatable so step events etc can switch track multipliers , that would create stunning shifting tempos and i think create amazing results .I think thats the genoqs biggest missing feature , ability to modulate multipliers.

Gabriel Seher
    Participant

Ability to modulate tempo multipliers?
    This is what hypersteps in conjunction with LEN step events are all about.. (available in the current public beta and the just around the corner release 1.62).
    Build a hyperstep and modify its length, then play with the LEN factor of the track the hyperstep is on. Is this what you were looking for?

Barry J. Anderson
    Participant

I haven’t tried the public beta. I think I will wait for the official 1.62 release. Hypersteps sound like what I was looking for. Looking forward to it. Thanks for the info.

matt hillier
    Participant

ah , i think so , its kind of a roundabout way , i was thinking just more modulate the multiplier via a simple step event ir have the ability to alter the tracks multiplication per step or in use have it so a track say plays 4 steps at 16ths then next 4 at 32 and next 4 at 8ths etc and so on , using odd time signatures and you would get super jazz sequences.I think your feature can do this maybe ? i need to try the beta and see , its all about being able to modulate tempo division per track .What would be even more amazing is if you could unsync tracks from the main tempo counter and tweak each tracks tempo out of time with the others , for ambient and abstract work that would be incredible.I still hope to see zyklus ‘ play a sequence ‘ fucntionality also someday where nothing clocks until an external midi note message enters the octopus and then the sequences are ‘ played ‘ ‘ transposed ‘ etc in realtime by the player ( via their external midi keyboard)

gseher wrote:

Quote:
    Ability to modulate tempo multipliers?
    This is what hypersteps in conjunction with LEN step events are all about.. (available in the current public beta and the just around the corner release 1.62).
    Build a hyperstep and modify its length, then play with the LEN factor of the track the hyperstep is on. Is this what you were looking for?
    Lars D. Terkelsen
    Participant

All this fancy stuff is cool, but how about the original question of this thread:
    The ability to (at once) set all tracks of one page to a given tempo multiplier.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.