Page or Track transpose using a keyboard

OS_CE Forums Octopus User exchange Page or Track transpose using a keyboard

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    gseher
    Keymaster

Hi,
    can anybody explain me how I can transpose a Track or a page with notes in it using an external keyboard (and not the pitch knob)?;)

gseher
    Keymaster

Transpose

Hi now I know it: B) Press Record, Press the Track or page button and than transpose with your connected keyboard. B)

Attila Sik
    Participant

nice function and i hadnt realised it was there !How about adding the abiity to start and stop sequences via keyboard note on / off messages ( zyklus like ):)

gseher
    Keymaster

I found this great thread on SOS where Bill Williams (of Zyklus fame) and Stephen Kay (of Karma Fame) have a flame exchange on each other technology.

Thought you might have been interested.

gseher
    Keymaster

Thanks a lot – very interesting indeed and a worthwhile reading (if you can call that a forum these days) !

gseher
    Keymaster

mattishq wrote:

Quote:
    nice function and i hadnt realised it was there !How about adding the abiity to start and stop sequences via keyboard note on / off messages ( zyklus like ):)

Check out page 101 of the manual – toggling pages using external program changes. That may be what you are looking for.

gseher
    Keymaster

Nice to see the Zyklus/Improvisor concept caught up attention overhere. If those ideas could get a place inside the Octopus then my dreammachine has arrived.

Post edited by: bronswerk, at: 2007/11/23 13:16

Attila Sik
    Participant

ive mentioned it a few times . . .the ability to Start and stop individual tracks via midi note on and off messages and also transpose the selected tracks at the same time . . . sounds simple but allows the user to create polymorphic ideas to then record into another sequencer or even back into another octopus track . . . i know the Octopus can change pages via program changes ? but it cant start and stop tracks via midi note on and off messages ? or can it ? been looking :) and hoping :)

gseher
    Keymaster

mattishq wrote:

Quote:
    ive mentioned it a few times . . .the ability to Start and stop individual tracks via midi note on and off messages and also transpose the selected tracks at the same time . . . sounds simple but allows the user to create polymorphic ideas to then record into another sequencer or even back into another octopus track . . . i know the Octopus can change pages via program changes ? but it cant start and stop tracks via midi note on and off messages ? or can it ? been looking :) and hoping :)

Matt, thanks for your patience – and sorry for the lag in replying.
    I will take it up and evaluate ways of making muting note bound, as opposed to program change bound. Since keyboards don’t usually have more than 88 keys, one solution would be to assign channels to each bank (e.g. 1-9) and then use the appropriate octave keys (labeling on the top) to select the page to be toggled.
    Let me know what you think – anyone ??
    Gabriel

gseher
    Keymaster

really like some of these remote control ideas…I’d like to have more ways in which the Octopus can cannibalize itself.

gseher
    Keymaster

EDIT

I just erased this one as I think it was rubbish:unsure:

Post edited by: LDT, at: 2008/04/13 11:56

gseher
    Keymaster

In OS 1.60 does anybody know how to transpose one or more tracks with content in it using an external keyboard while the sequencer ist playing?B)

gseher
    Keymaster

Press and hold the PAGE button (in the MODE block) and press the REC button to enable the page record mode. If you now select a track or more (hold it selected, or lock selection, whatever you prefer), play a MIDI note into the MIDI in and that note will be taken over as the track pitch for the selected tracks.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.