Other gear forum?

OS_CE Forums Octopus New features Other gear forum?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Jordi
    Participant

Could we get a forum set up for discussing other gear? I’ve been lurking around the elektron forums because I like reading what people are saying about all their equipment. I know it’s off-topic, but it’s fun.

gseher
    Keymaster

Sounds good.
    I’d like that it could expand on other machines and how they interact with the Octopus/Nemo and other studio or live questions as well.

Mike
    Participant

maybe it’s best to just use one of the other forums? Vintage Synth, Harmony Central or gearslutz, or Elektron-Users.

I think I’ve seen most of you post to these forums already, and maybe we can entice other people to join the genoQs community.

cheers
    ripe

gseher
    Keymaster

^i agree in part with that… but the advantage of this forum is it’s seems to be a lot more constructive and our population seems to be relatively devoid of muppets and idiots. Most other forums really give me the shits… i’d much rather share information here with like-minded people that know what they’re talking about (mostly :) )

gseher
    Keymaster

adam wrote:

Quote:
    Could we get a forum set up for discussing other gear?

…sorry, one vote against…

…if it has to do with a relation between Octopus <> other gear you’ll already find a place to post…if it is just about that other gear: who cares around here, and who wouldnt be engaged in other more general forums anyway/already to discuss other gear…

…in my opinion broadening in this case leads to loosing focus…

Post edited by: fairplay, at: 2008/11/26 09:05

gseher
    Keymaster

My take is that if you want to discuss other gear, you may go and discuss it in their respective manufacturer forums – like you come here to discuss Octopus and Nemo.
    The combinations of these with other gear are already being discussed, see the Virus TI threads, or the discussion on Logic – all from an Octopus/Nemo perspective.
    Plus, if you use other forums, it’s not so bad for the rest of the world to find out what they may be missing out on :-)
    Cheers,
    Gabriel

Jordi
    Participant

Yeah, the signal to noise ratio on other forums tends to be a little frustrating, but I understand.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.