New website !!

OS_CE Forums Octopus General New website !!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    gseher
    Keymaster

Hi there !!

Just noticed about the new website and the new 1.02 release of the Octopus firmware.
    The website looks better in my mind. Sleeker design.

Keep up the good work!
    Xavier

gseher
    Keymaster

The website definitely looks excellent – very pro :-)

Just on the old forum posts not being imported – perhaps it would be worth archiving them somewhere that we can access – there was some cool ideas/hints/tips/tricks in some posts that would be worth keeping… perhaps even if they were archived into a faq or tips/tricks section on the new website

machina

gseher
    Keymaster

ah- anyone else having trouble opening the PDFs straight off the site? I’m on a macbook with firefox, & every other PDF on every other website can either be opened or downloaded. here, though, the "open" button is greyed out. no biggy- just wondered if it’s a glitch or something to make the site work faster.
    d.

gseher
    Keymaster

Thanks Machina and Xab for the feedback!

Machina, three things we have done:
    1. The tutorials on the documentation page are heavily based on forum content.
    2. The FAQ section was intended to carry over some of the substance, basically just what you suggested
    3. The FAQ section is now open for the site users to edit. Feel free to use it – and we will do our part :-)

gseher
    Keymaster

duncandisorderly wrote:

Quote:
    ah- anyone else having trouble opening the PDFs straight off the site? I’m on a macbook with firefox, & every other PDF on every other website can either be opened or downloaded. here, though, the "open" button is greyed out. no biggy- just wondered if it’s a glitch or something to make the site work faster.
    d.

Duncan,
    just tried out the PDFs on an iBook G4 with OS X 10.4.10 and Firefox 1.5 and i get the prompt asking to either open (with Preview as default) or save it to disk.
    So it’s fine on my end..

Gabriel

gseher
    Keymaster

I know what it is now. I got tired of "finder" a long time ago as a system 7 & 8 user, & was astonished to see it virtually unchanged in os9 & now osX; still rubbish at finding things. so I have "path finder" on my macs now, & sometimes it’s a bit enthusiastic about opening stuff on it’s own, sort of using "preview" as a plug-in. this time it opened the doc so fast that the download window came up second & thus on top. osX needs a way to show open "windows" along the edge, like windows’ taskbar. the dock’s too busy-looking to be useful in this context.
    well.
    for the first time in history, something that windoze does slightly better. :-0

d.

Administrator
    Participant

Actually I only switched to OSX just recently, and I must say, I have no clue what I have been doing all this time before.. I should have believed my wife (long time OSX user..)
    Must disagree with the last sentence there though :-)
    I really like using F9 for that purpose, which is not only a tactile experience, but produces a result that’s yet to be matched.
    g

gseher
    Keymaster

f9? what does it do? on my macbook, it makes the sun come out. or something. :-)

Administrator
    Participant

hmm.. on my MBP it goes into Grid mode!
    — eehh.. I mean it zooms out of the current window and lets you look at all open windows from a bird’s eye view, and you can select which one you go to.
    I thought this is some OSX universal functionality (on f9), but apparently not?
    g.

gseher
    Keymaster

Hi,

this is indeed a generic feature in MacOS X since version 10.3 (Panther) if I am correct. This is called Exposé.
    See: http://www.apple.com/macosx/features/expose/
    However, the hotkey to trigger it is configurable. F9 is the default key, which Duncan may have changed.

Regards,
    Xavier

gseher
    Keymaster

the answer’s simpler than that…. whenever I’ve pressed it, it’s been when I’ve only had one app open.

of course, now I know what it does, I’ll have to try it to see how it interacts with parallels… :-)

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.