MMC help please!

OS_CE Forums Nemo Support MMC help please!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    gseher
    Keymaster

im trying to send CC# 20 to my evolver(osc1 pitch) so in trackmode (first track chosen)i set, push the mmc button and in the first row i make two red leds lit, from the left. so now i got the first track set to CC20,
    but.. no matter how i do.. it seem like all i make is new notes!.. should AMT be used with MMC..? for values i mean? i hoped there would be a smaller bpm resolution then 16th:s..like 8th:s or 4th:s for making these long octave like pitches i intend to make..
    anyway, hope all this make sense.
    peace out..
    peter

Post edited by: admin, at: 2009/03/14 05:01

gseher
    Keymaster

Hello Peter,

What you describe sounds valid, but not complete :-)

So what you need to do is first set the MCC value for the track (which is the valid part and which you have done), but then you need to send the values from the appropriate steps that will make the actual MCC change.

Now take a step of your choice and modify its MCC value. When that step is played, you should hear the MCC message being sent. Repeat the procedure as needed and let us know if it worked out.

Cheers,

Gabriel

gseher
    Keymaster

:blink: now this is where i fail "but then you need to send the values from the appropriate steps that will make the actual MCC change.

Now take a step of your choice and modify its MCC value."
    my two leds(cc20) is red. i push the first tracks first step to make a cc20 event.. and whips, it sounds like a new note..my evelover patch got some heavy modulation going on and a new note resets controllers, envelopes etc.. so it`s really easy to notice a new note..then i have to reset the patch to last saved.
    so before i send the values for track1 steps, do i need to tell this steps(AMT/MMC/VALUE etc??)
    a step to step guide on this would be really nice;)
    peace out from sweden..
    peter

Jordi
    Participant

I’m not %100 sure this is what you’re asking, but I do my step MMC setting by zooming into the track, then holding the MMC button on the left side of the grid, and then pressing the ZOM button on the right side of the grid, which takes you into the attribute map for the MMC for that track.

gseher
    Keymaster

eh..? i zoom in to a track by holding it`s track button and the trackmode button at the same time(from pagemode), and then MMC button and fix two red leds(for cc20) then of course i want every event of that track to control cc20 values(osc1 pitch to my evolver).. thoe it seems like every event can control diffrent CC#:S.. wich is amazing, but not what i want, this time:P
    peace..
    peter

Jordi
    Participant

No, that’s not what I’m describing. I’m describing how to set the CC values transmitted with each step once you’ve designated the CC Controller for the track.

gseher
    Keymaster

ok! "attribute map" is a new word for me, maby i have to read the manual some more..
    one thing i miss with nemo is to run tracks slower then 16th:s.. like 8th:s or 4th:s.. it cant right? when 1 is 16th:s means that 0.5 would be 8th:s but this is not possible right?
    i will try your discription for attribute map..
    thanx!
    peter

gseher
    Keymaster

stupid me problem solved;)

gseher
    Keymaster

Just in case anyone is wondering – there is no attribute map or MAP mode on Nemo. Only on Octopus. Nemo does not have the LED real estate for that and that is why it has the preset attribute flows, which on Octopus can be directly constructed in the MAP mode. Hope this helps sort some of the confusion.
    Gabriel

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.