…hit a wall… (need x-OS-compatiblesave/restore

OS_CE Forums Octopus New features …hit a wall… (need x-OS-compatiblesave/restore

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    gseher
    Keymaster

Hi,

I have been reading that Gabriel is thinking for some time about how to enable the saving of the Octopus state with one OS-version and restoring onto another OS-version…

…at the moment this inability for x-OS-save/restore prevents me to intall the new OS (1.42) onto my Octopus (bad, very bad indeed)…

I’d just like to reinforce the request for this ‘feature’ to somehow push it to high(est) priority…please higher than any of the new features/functions on the wishlist, because they are all useless for me (as well as any bug-fixes!) until I can take my songs with me from one OS-version to the next!

TIA.

gseher
    Keymaster

Although I am not in need for it at the moment, this seems like a very reasonable request.

Adam Wilson
    Participant

I’ll very much need it when the next OS update will hit me. If it doesn’t support data downward compatibility I’ll probably be stuck to v1.42 for a long time.

But I know that this is very high on Gabriel’s list, so I’m not worried about it. He’s fully aware of the situation.

gseher
    Keymaster

Yes this Ex-/Import Function of the whole content from one OS to the next OS is of highest imporance. Otherwise we loose all what we have done so far.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.