Gigging with the Nemo

OS_CE Forums Nemo General Gigging with the Nemo

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Jordi
    Participant

I’ve heard Autechre’s recent shows have been very good.

gseher
    Keymaster

softroom wrote:

Quote:
    These guys might be checking their email for all the crowd knows or cares…

That’s the exact phrase I used after seeing Kraftwerk in Milwaukee earlier this year. I’ll make an exception for them, however, because, well–they’re Kraftwerk. The historical context of the group along with an impressive video/light display and superior sound quality helped save the day. But, I would have loved to see them back when they actually played live instruments and used live hardware sequences. These other, newer groups/DJs that are just farting out pre-recorded samples are, with a few exceptions, exceedingly lame.

Post edited by: breitt, at: 2008/10/22 04:51

Mike
    Participant

I really enjoyed seeing Kraftwerk also, but yeah it didn’t matter what they were actually doing as I stood in awe…

I really wish I could have seen early front 242 concerts, the later years it’s a bit… weird, as they get middle-aged. Still love the music though.

As I DJ also, I will never switch to laptop anything, it has to be vinyl/turntables… I do use final scratch, but I still change records between mixes for appearance.

That is also part of the appeal of the GenoQs machines, it’s all about interface for me.

cheers
    ripe

gseher
    Keymaster

Like Ripe said pre-production of n basic tracks and
    additional live playing and knob tweaking on top is a good way of performing and less risky like starting from Zero.

I know Kraftwerk very well and saw several shows. They are all the same like playing a backgroud CD or Hard Disk of "Kraftwerk´s Best" plus sometimes one or two notes on top.

But they are the master minds of the machine music produced 20/ 30 years ago:) in opposite to glamour rock, etc and they setting trends. :woohoo:

gseher
    Keymaster

Interesting thread. Still getting to grips with my Nemo. Mainly using it to control my modular atm. I’ve been doing Ableton audio-based live sets for a couple of years or so now, and I would like to move to a more sequence-oriented set. Possibly with the Nemo sequencing samplers/synths in Ableton as well as triggering clips, and possibly also an external synth or two. My main reason for using audio though is my sound relies a lot on modular sounds or heavily processed sounds and i would not want to lug all that stuff to clubs unless its a special gig.

I can relate to the blur between live and djing with laptops – I use 3 midi controllers so I hardly have to touch the laptop during my set. But it would be wicked to be really constructing and editing sequences live.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.