Different channels in one track / channel per step

OS_CE Forums Octopus User exchange Different channels in one track / channel per step

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    gseher
    Keymaster

Hi all,

I am playing with my Octopus only for a couple of days now – great instrument! ;) – and I found a few things which I’d like to be able to do (perhaps I just have to change my workflow – but on the other hand if this is possible already it would be a big help):

– I’d like to assign different midi-channels (send) to consecutive steps in one track;

for example: step one plays instrument responding to channel 1, step two plays instrument responding to channel 3…

– I’d like to be able to play only one note in a track (and then ‘switch off’ this track), but play all other tracks on the same page full length

– I’d like to play one track only once, the others on the same page either to their full length (chained tracks) or multiple times (page length setting)

The actual task I try to achieve this time is triggering quite long (30-45 seconds) audio-samples in one step, while having the surrounding steps trigger different instruments.

TIA!

ch

Post edited by: fairplay, at: 2008/01/04 11:28

Post edited by: fairplay, at: 2008/01/04 11:33

gseher
    Keymaster

…boah…I did know this (as many other things :) :

I can solve my problem by playing several pages at the same time…

So, for example, I play my instruments in the pages lined up in line one, while I trigger my samples by pages from line three in the GRID…

Short: I just found the ‘TGL’-switch :woohoo:

gseher
    Keymaster

Hello fairplay,

re. your questions below:

– MIDI channels may be assigned to separate tracks, but not to individual steps. Given the number of tracks you can work with simultaneously, may counterweigh this constraint.

– the "play once" behaviour of tracks can be achieved easily by setting up a direction that models the movement that you want.

Cheers,

Gabriel

gseher
    Keymaster

Actually, you can play with step events, using the midi channel attribute, to send different midi channels per step. It’s kind of fun, actually, when used in conjunction with the effector and the pos step events…

gseher
    Keymaster

…ouf…ok: I’ll look into step events – uh, again (as in again-and-again ;o) – thank you for the hint!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.