ATA flight case for octopus

OS_CE Forums Octopus General ATA flight case for octopus

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    gseher
    Keymaster

Hi all,

I would not like to hit the road with my octopus without a robust fitted ATA flight case. I was wondering if anybody has found a product that serves the purpose well or if the guys were planning on an octosuitcase. The Octopus being a rare treasure needs protection against heavy hands and prying eyes. I definately need to invest in a case.

Many thanks

Wilson

gseher
    Keymaster

…I have built a case for my Etherwave-Pro Theremin, and I plan to do so for the Octopus also…

…for the EW-Pro-case I have used a ‘custom-kit’ from http://www.flightcase-onderdelen.nl/

…while these ‘kits’ (you tell them exactely what size you want – and they cut it, put in all required parts and you just put it all together) are not perfect – and I had to build mine without the promised instuctions-manual (it was just not included with my shipment) – you get a robust case in the end, which is trustworthy for your precious equipment…

gseher
    Keymaster

…, I forgot: you get an URL like

[code:1]rdelen.nl/NL/index.php[/code:1]

where you can try to replace the

[code:1]NL[/code:1]

with a language you can read and understand (I know that DE works)…

Post edited by: fairplay, at: 2008/09/30 18:16

gseher
    Keymaster

I’m thinking of using an old suitcase… I read somone doing this in another forum… Pro’s it does not scream "steal me"

You have to figure out the internal lining yourself though…

Post edited by: choice_of_meat, at: 2008/10/08 19:51

gseher
    Keymaster

choice_of_meat wrote:

Quote:
    I’m thinking of using an old suitcase… I read somone doing this in another forum… Pro’s it does not scream "steal me"

You have to figure out the internal lining yourself though…<br /><br />Post edited by: choice_of_meat, at: 2008/10/08 19:51

Not a bad idea. Those big ugly ABS moulded Samsonite (and others) look quite durable (and cheap s/h).

gseher
    Keymaster

LDT wrote:

Quote:
    choice_of_meat wrote:
    Those big ugly ABS moulded Samsonite (and others) look quite durable (and cheap s/h).

…you have a point – or two ;o) – there – plus: I have one of those old monsters still in the cellar…

…I’ll try that…

…and: my Samsonite has wheels! – another plus…

Post edited by: fairplay, at: 2008/10/09 10:12

gseher
    Keymaster

For travel it would be nice to have a collapsible edition, that is you don’t really need all that air between the control surface and the brain/power supply.
    Don’t get me wrong, it’s beautiful to see, but it does take up lots of space…

Thats’ why you need to buy a nemo! ;)

duncan
    Participant

well, now that there is a pre-flightcased octopus available, is there the remotest chance of being able to buy the bits to retrofit this case to an existing classic?
    please?
    I asked for it ages ago….. :-)

duncan (back again after a long absence!)

Post edited by: duncandisorderly, at: 2009/06/12 22:39

Gabriel Seher
    Participant

Hello Duncan,
    delighted to have you back!!
    Getting the bits to retrofit the machine is physically possible, but considering that the retrofit act would resemble more a component recycling process than anything else (due to the physical build of the machine – think: at some point you would have a bowl full of bearing balls in front of you), we are not ready to support it to the extent that users should do it on their own. We are evaluating other possibilities however.
    Please stay tuned, and please stay with us this time, will you..
    Cheers,
    Gabriel

duncan
    Participant

>>Please stay tuned, and please stay with us this time, will you..<<

I’ll try! circumstances have change domestically…. bit harder to find the time for these things. noted re the flight-case; I’m guessing a return-to-manuf. option might be the way out for those of us who still want to take the things on the road.

I still have my notron, & it’s mended….. :-)

did you see my note elsewhere about the clock-through behaviour?

d.

Gabriel Seher
    Participant

Yes, I have seen that note / bug report and it is on my list now.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.